Monday 16 March 2015

Day 252-257: Out of Greece, To Bitola

Last Chapter of Greece... towards Niki Customs to Bitola, Macedonia










 I have safely passed through many 'dogs checkpoints' in Greece since restarting my ride from Ioannina. At peak I had 7 dogs barking and chasing me that I had to get off my bike to walk more than 1km. But just when I was 1km away from the border, a dog charged out and barked crazily... before I could stop to get off my bike it jumped and bite something from behind... I could feel a pull behind... Luckily no damaged and the dog backed off after I stopped.

 Finishing Greece at 9061km... getting nearer to my first 10,000km

+++


Goce, my host from Macedonia came to the border so we could cycle together to his village

 Refuelling time. Boza (fermented cereal flour drink) + cake
 Byrek! Nice to see you again...

 Homemade pancake with cheese & herbs for dinner + beer
 Homemade wine
 Home grown pumpkin + homemade chocolate coated dates stuffed with cashew nuts :)

+++

Left my 'luggages' at Goce place and we rode to Ohrid together to visit his friend for the weekend


 Around Resen area... lots of apple farms


Locals selling apples outside their house

 Me like this car!


 Ohrid

Us with a random kid haha - Ohrid lake behind us




 Goce's friend Sace, me & Goce














 Beer by Ohrid lake... not local brand so its covered up


+++

3 of us rode along the lake, towards south of Ohrid, near the border to Albania































 St Naum Monastery



 St Naum





 Lake Ohrid






Goce setting up bike service shop??? Everyone came to borrow his pump


 Sace enjoying the sun


Lake Ohrid

The guys having a chili/hot pepper challenge at night. Sace let me pack some of the dried red chilli

+++

 On our way back to Bitola, we detoured to Lake Prespa




 Delicious dinner prep by Goce dad + homemade pumpkin cake for dessert

 Said to be Macedonia's hottest

Gonna check out how to make these

+++

 Walked round the village before walking into the city and also checked out the old houses... time have stopped inside



 His grandfather's bike


 One pillar supporting the roof









 I packed some in my bag... hehe

 Their secret stash of homemade Raki

 Maybe existed since the war time


 Goce's dad garden! Many veggies and fruits





 Sigh...


 At their vineyard
 Father & son bonding :)


 Uhoo keeping watch



 Annoying sights!


 Last year's tabacco?

Bitola




 Seller says this purple veg is good for salad












 Having a drink with Goce's friend Victor
 Macedonia's Dark and Light beer



 School




My mascot/buddy HaHa's cousin is stuck on the fence :(

+++

 Sumptuous breakfast + vitamins before I hit the road! Thank you Goce and your Papa for everything!!!



11 Mar 15: 55.26km [Rain]
12 Mar 15: 62.24km [Cloudy]
13 Mar 15: 76.47km [Cloudy]
14 Mar 15: 57.13km [Cloudy with occasional sun]
15 Mar 15: 98.51km [Cloudy with occasional sun]
16 Mar 15: 0km

No comments :

Post a Comment